Monday 14 May 2012

The King's Prize by Wayne Mansfield

Oh my goodness . . . bend me over and put a smile on my face because The King's Prize is a story that pushed all the right buttons for me! I strongly suspect I'll be seeking out the glorious Mr. Mansfield to see what else he has to offer very soon . . .

Here we have an alien fantasy world, one where homosexuality is not only accepted, it's embraced as the King's sexual expression of choice. When ape-like soldiers arrive at Pan's farm to claim him for the King's harem, there are the usual tears and sorrow over losing a son, but everybody is excited for Pan and the prestige his appointment will bring the family.

I loved the way in which the soldiers took advantage of Pan on their journey, taking their pleasure while preparing him for the King. No longer a virgin, gently loosened up, and accustomed to the taste of men, Pan comes before the King ready to win himself a place of honour. His scenes with the King were far more romantic than I expected, and incredibly sexy. Mansfield pays careful attention to the erotic details, giving us the sights, the smells, and the tastes of the harem.

The story does end rather abruptly, but on a happy note. I would love to see a sequel, or perhaps a novella length expansion of the story, but what is here works very well. I loved it . . . even if I was, perhaps, a little too guilty of sharing the harem's jealousy over Pan. He is one very lucky boy!

♂↔♀

No comments:

Post a Comment