Thursday 26 April 2012

Bedtime Story for a Stolen Child by Anna Mayle

Bedtime Story for a Stolen Child
by Anna Mayle

I liked this story, but I can't say I loved it. Yes, it was weird, dark, twisted, and dangerously erotic, but the most interesting part (for me) was glossed over and left in the past. As intriguing as it was to witness Daniel being coerced into illicit (almost incestuous) sex acts with his doppelgänger, that's not the part of the story I wanted to explore. I guess it's the submissive in me, the borderline sadist who loves force/coercion, but I really wanted to read more of Leinad's life as a captive sexual plaything for the Faerie. It's touched on in the first chapter, and we're offered just enough detail to really intrigue/excite, but then we're shuffled off into the 'real' world for a sad tale of revenge. Well done, for what it is, but I do feel a little teased.

♂↔♀

No comments:

Post a Comment